Warts are the benign skin growths of the skin caused by the infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV). The virus infects the top layer of the skin and these growths have appears. Wart virus are contagious and can spread by contact with wart or something that touched the wart.
Warts have a hard surface and often a tiny black dot in the middle of each scaly spot due to thrombosed capillary blood vessels. Warts are common in childhood and are spread by direct contact or autoinoculation. This means when the wart is scratched, the viral particles may spread to another area of the skin.
Different types of warts
The warts are classified according to their size, shape and location.
- Common Warts – these appears on the hands, knees, leg and face.
- Flat Warts – These are flat in shape and will be of the skin color.
- Planter Warts – Generally found on the soles of the feet and may be painful.
- Fusiform Warts – These appear on the face, close to eyelids or lips and are thread like or finger like in shape.
- Mosaic Warts – Planter warts found in cluster are called mosaic warts.
- Genital warts – appear on the genital area and mostly sexually transmitted.
CAUSES OF VIRAL WARTS
According to Ayurveda the cause of warts are aggravation of the any of three doshas which causes growth on the skin, Kapha is the main reason of growth of Pitta and Vata also gets disturbed and shows their signs.
The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is the cause of genital viral warts. The moisture accumulated on the skin increases the chance of warts. You may get warts like Planter Warts from public swimming pools.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR VIRAL WARTS
AYURVEDIC KIT CONTAINS AYURVEDIC CAPSULES, TABLETS, CREAMS AND LOTIONS
Warts Oil/Lotion made by our Centre is the most effective oil for the growths and warts treatments. Apply this to the effective area and put soaked cotton with oil on it, use it daily and after few weeks warts gets disappeared.
No specific diet regime is recommended for warts but hygiene is very important.
The useful herbs for warts are –
- Banaya (Ficus religiosa) – leaves of banana tree are very effective for warts treatment.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) – cut the end of the dandelion root and rubbed onto the wart so that the milky sap rubs on the warts, within few days warts shed off.
- Euphorbis (Euphorbia hirta)- The plant is ground into a paste and applied onto the warty skin. The milky juice exuded by this plant is good in the treatment of warts.
- Indian Sorrel (Oxalis corniculata)- The leaves are used for the treatment of the warts. The paste of the leaves are applied on to the warts. Results came out after few weeks.
- Rough Chaff (Achyranthes aspera) – The ash of the rough chaff is rubbed over the warts.
- Tea leaf oil and Amalki are also applied on the warts to get better results.
VIRAL SKIN INFECTIONS
Measels, German Measels (Rubella), Chicken Pox, Fifth disease (Erythema infectiosum), Roseola (Erythema subitum), infectious mononucleosis (Ebstein Barr Virus), Pityriasis Rosea, Hand foot and mouth disease, Gianotti – Crosti syndrome, Laterothoracic exanthem, Small Pox, Cowpox, Chikungunya Fever, Dengue and dengue haemorrhagic fever, Epidermodysplasis verruciformis, HIV, Rickettsial disease, Yellow fever.